Dr Anastasia Athanasiou
About Dr Anastasia Athanasiou
Female Orthopedic Surgeon in Dubai
Dr. Anastasia graduated from Democritus University of Alexadroupolis, Greece in 2000 with honors, it was during her studies that she was introduced to yoga as a medicine and other forms of alternative and complementary medicine such as acupuncture, manipulative therapy, massage therapy etc.
Her passion for these aspects of medicine led her to become a certified yoga instructor whilst completing her residency program in Orthopedics.
Dr. Anastasia specialized in Pediatric Orthopedics, Sports medicine, reconstructive surgery and hand microsurgery.
She started her residency program in 2001 working at A. Kyriakou General Children’s Hospital in Athens, Greece and then continued at NIMITS Military Hospital.
In her free time Dr. Anastasia practices therapeutic yoga, is a keen horsewoman and swimmer
A decision to apply therapeutic yoga to her patients has produced great results.
Dr. Anastasia says “I strongly believe that conventional and alternative medicine should go hand in hand in order to accomplish the best therapeutic result for the patients.”
- Orthopedic Surgeon: B.SC, MD
- Greek Association of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
- EFORT (European Federation of National Association of Orthopaedic and Traumatology)
- ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and
- AAOS (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons)
- AsMA (Aerospace Medical Association)
- UHMS (Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Association)
Thanks for your interest for service. Please describe all the details below and we will call you for appointment