How to protect your muscles and bones during a stressful move.
Moving countries is a very stressful time, on your mind as well as your body. The tension and physical effort can cause aches and pains in your muscles and joints, and if not taken care of, can cause a chronic condition later.
Here are 5 tips to protect your bones and muscles during a move:
- – Leave the heavy lifting to the pros – don’t lift heavy boxes, simply.
- – Don’t stand for long periods of time – Take breaks and sit or lie down during unpacking and running around getting everything done to avoid back pain.
- – When you are standing, suck in your stomach to protect your back.
- – Try to minimise bending up and down, and if you need to lift something bend your knees and let your legs take the weight.
- – Come in for a session to get properly adjusted to keep your body aligned and in good shape.
Moving can be distracting and your bones are probably the last thing you think of, but being aware of your posture and following the tips can help you avoid a lot of inconvenience and pain.
Welcome to Dubai!